Download PDF here.
Blue Knifty Knitter Loom knitting tool
1-2 balls of Bulky weight yarn - I used Patons Chunky Shetland
- Working with two strands together (two strands of yarn=to one strand for knitting over), e-cast on all 24 pegs. This project starts at the heel. E-wrap/twisted knit/single stitch (they are all the same stitch, different names) for 8 rows.
- Bind off stitches 13 through 24. Take the loop from peg 24 and place it onto peg 1 and knit off. This creates the opening for your foot.
- E-wrap on all 24 pegs again (for the first row, you are just creating loops around the pegs you have bound off; you will work them on the second row). E-wrap stitch for 4 rows.
Bind off stitches 13 through 24. Take the loop from peg 24 and place it onto peg 1 and knit off (I know it sounds like I just repeated myself.) This makes the strap.
- E-wrap back and forth, increasing the row at each end. Repeat two more times (6 total rows)
- E-wrap on all 24 pegs again and knit off pegs with two loops. E-wrap stitch for 15 rows or until project reaches desired size.
- Cast off with gathering method. This makes the toe.
- Gather the other end of the project, this makes the heel.
- The openings end up with really loose edges so I do a round or two of single crochet to tighten it up.
- The slippers end up about a size 9 or 10 woman’s. To make smaller, use a smaller gauge loom. To make larger, after binding off the first or second time, E-wrap stitch a couple of rows before casting on all the loops again. Can also add rows at the beginning and end.
- Then make a matching slipper.
Copyright © Nadine Borovicka 2007 All Rights Reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or distributed without written consent from the author.